Friday 29 April 2011

Getting - ' The Harley Sound '

One of the worst things about my Road King was the way the bike sounded!. Everyone that jumps off a Dyna or a Softie knows the sound of the big Twins still rumbling through their ears!. The biggest mistake I made was to fit the 4" Screaming Eagle Mufflers, when I first picked up the bike I was pretty happy with sound of bike but, after riding my Fat Bob with Vance and Hines pipes and all the complaints I had from the neighbors I knew that it would be a matter of time before the novelty of a quite bike would wear off!. When you get a Harley Tourer,  you ride long distances, you want comfort and also sometimes it's great to just cruise on a Hwy and listen to your favorite tunes, the problem with the Harley Tourers is, it's hard to get that right Harley sound without compromising the Harley Tourer comforts. I wasted my money buying my first set of mufflers, after spending countless hours on Harley Forums and You Tube researching the sound I was after for my Road King, I decided to fit Vance and Hines Monster Oval Slip - On Mufflers and I will be at a later date be changing my standard headers for Vance and Hines Dresser Duals. Thanks to the people that made and uploaded the videos to You Tube, you have save fellow Harley rider some time and money.

The First Clip: is a late model Road King Classic with just Vance and Hines Monster Oval Slip - On Mufflers fitted.

The Second Clip: This is very well made and re enforces  the decision to fit the Monster Ovals, you get a great sound! and you can still hear your tunes!

The Third Clip: Just to finish off Vance and Hines Dresser Duals. Should sound even better with Monster Ovals fitted.

For more information on Vance and Hines Exhaust Systems Click Here

No comments:

Post a Comment